Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Nomination - the Saga continues

And the wait is on for next week - hopefully that's the last week I'll be waiting.

However, I emailed my *new* recruiter today and she said that so far all the TEFL programs that are opening all require 3-6 months of volunteer experience, which I don't have. And there are not any Community Development programs open - another program which I am qualified to perform. So, while I may have a nomination next week, I fear that I may be in for a long wait...

Wish me luck!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Nomination Update

I talked to my new recruiter today (Lacy - Andy left mid-August) and she told me that I might have an official nomination on Monday! WOOOO!

Wish me luck :)

I'll post an update as soon as I know!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Friday, August 15, 2008


Still no Peace Corps news.

But school is starting again. Had my math class this week and will start KU classes at the end of next week.

That'll give me something to do while I'm waiting for my PC nomination.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008


I was talking with Jenna today about tornadoes (it's storming by her house) and I had to post this one:

The worst tornado I've been in.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Nomination - bad news, darn government.

I got a call from my recruiter today.

Not great news.

Apparently due to the high cost of oil and the low American dollar, the government has to re-work the budget. This means that all "generalist programs" (TEFL, Community Development, etc), including mine, are suspended indefinitely. So this means I'm in "limbo" until I can get a new nomination.

Luckily, he said that they're going to start re-opening programs weekly so maybe my program will re-open soon and I can get a start on my medical stuff.

Even my friend Jenna, who's supposed to be leaving for El Salvador in mid-September (she got her invite and everything) got a "let's talk about your placement status" voicemail today.

So wish me luck.

UPDATE: Apparently Jenna's PO was just checking to see if she wanted to accept her invite or decline it - Jenna decided to take the full 10 days to make her decision.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Is it Monday yet?

I got a quick email from my recruiter telling me that my program will open for nominations on Monday (Aug 4) and I'll be officially nominated then!