I got a call from my recruiter today.
Not great news.
Apparently due to the high cost of oil and the low American dollar, the government has to re-work the budget. This means that all "generalist programs" (TEFL, Community Development, etc), including mine, are suspended indefinitely. So this means I'm in "limbo" until I can get a new nomination.
Luckily, he said that they're going to start re-opening programs weekly so maybe my program will re-open soon and I can get a start on my medical stuff.
Even my friend Jenna, who's supposed to be leaving for El Salvador in mid-September (she got her invite and everything) got a "let's talk about your placement status" voicemail today.
So wish me luck.
UPDATE: Apparently Jenna's PO was just checking to see if she wanted to accept her invite or decline it - Jenna decided to take the full 10 days to make her decision.