Monday, June 8, 2009

Wish list

[[Before you send me anything, please look at the "Mail Please" section on the right and the information I posted regarding mail and/or packages!]]

Because people have been asking...

*also, I probably won't need/want anything but letters, magazines, and some snack-type stuff until I get to my permanent site*


Reading material:
  • The Economist (please, please, please!)
  • Archaeology (my love of archaeology *swoon*)
  • National Geographic magazines
  • Sudoku and crossword (with answers)
  • Books
Foodstuffs:
  • Luna Bars (Cookies 'N Cream Delight, Caramel Nut Brownie, S'Mores)
  • Cliff Bars (Carrot Cake, Oatmeal Cookie-thingy, Chocolate Chip)
  • Odwalla Bars (Choco-wall)
  • Ranch salad dressing mix
  • Any "just add water" mix (pastas, sauces, cakes, brownies, cookies, breads)
  • Chocolate pudding mixes (instant)
  • Instant oatmeal (plain or apple cinnamon)
  • Green tea (my favorite is Two Leaves and a Bud's Tamayokucha Extremely Green Tea or any other fruit flavored green tea)
  • Condiment packets from fast food places: ketchup, honey, mustard, honey, medium and mild Taco Bell sauce, (oh, did I mention) HONEY!
Misc:
  • Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme
  • Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme
  • Orbit Spearmint gum
  • Fluoride toothpaste (the best stuff you can find to prevent cavities)
  • Act Anticavity Restoring Mouthwash
Movies/TV shows (on DVD or flash drive):
  • New episodes of Psych, Dexter, and Bones
  • Episodes of Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" (Travel Channel)
  • Seasons 2 & 3 of The Universe (History Channel)
  • Any movies you think I'd like!
Oh yeah...LETTERS!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Wow, i hope it will be an awesome experience there. Hugs from Philippines.

jzakary said...

Hi Sara,
You don't know me, but i'm joining the Peace Corps in Uganda in August. I'm bringing every season of No Reservation on my hard drive. If you can drop by the in service training center, your more than welcome to copy anything you want. Hope to see you there!
Cheers,
Josh

S. said...

Josh - Are you already in Uganda? Or are you with my training group leaving Aug 2nd (2009)?

I love that you've got every season of No Reservations. That's one of my favorite shows!

Can't wait to touch down in Uganda (6 more weeks!)

If you are joining us August 2nd, then I've got a facebook group you should join! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=84298361169

S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.